Business Development Manager
We are looking to recruit a business development manager to take ownership of our wholesale and retail accounts within the non-food sector.
These relationships are well established, though there is room to build and develop these further and make them your own. We would also expect the successful candidate to identify and nurture prospective new customers within this sector. The role is a senior one, and the successful candidate would report directly to the sales director.
- Maintain excellent client relationships with potential new, as well as existing clients
- Build strong customer relationships across the accounts including buying, supply chain, finance etc. at all relevant levels
- Regularly visit customers at their premises to present new ranges, conduct trading review meetings and maintain an understanding of competitor activity within the account
- Maintain regular customer liaison outside of field visits
- Identify and secure new accounts/business,
- Negotiate trading terms with customers.
- Work with the management team to identify and evaluate new markets and profitable business opportunities, using market insight with regards to products and knowledge of competitors
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience of the UK wholesale and retail business, having already operated in a national account manager role or equivalent.
- Strategic in nature.
- Excellent networker and relationship builder.
- Ability to drive distribution and growth of the product range across the wholesale/cash & carry and multiple retail channels.
- Demonstrates confidence in talking about categories and trends.
- A self-starter able to work from their own initiative and organise their workload with minimal supervision.
- Full clean UK driving licence is essential as this is a largely field-based role.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
Salary of £50k p.a.
Company car and fuel card
Working days - Monday - Friday
31 days annual leave (including the usual statutory)
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date 5 November 2021